Classic basil pesto pasta salad with fresh sun dried tomatoes. Add chicken or shrimp for a complete meal. Make ahead as a savory side dish for a dinner party.
1 cup basil
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup Parmesan
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/8 ground black pepper
1 lemon wedge
- In a food processor pulse basil, spinach and pine nuts.
- Add garlic and Parmesan and pulse a couple more times.
- Drizzle in the olive oil while the food processor is running.
- Pour mixture into a bowl. Stir in salt, pepper and squeeze lemon to taste.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe
12 oz bow tie pasta, boiled to al dente
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
1/2 – 3/4 cup pesto
1/4 cup Parmesan
Pinch of salt
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Once boiling add pasta and cook to al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Add sun dried tomatoes and pesto and toss.
- Garnish with Parmesan.